January 27, 2013

Happy Birthday to Jake

Today is Jacob's birthday. He is "one year older and wiser too." He just gets better with age!

We have church at 1:00 p.m. now so it seemed to cut his day down a bit. I admit I didn't want to go to my meetings this morning because he wasn't going with me. I really wanted to spend the entirety of the day with him but with meetings and church smack dab in the middle of the day I feel like he got a little gypped. We did get to celebrate some yesterday evening when we went shopping and out to dinner. I really like being with Jacob. It feels good.

At our house when it is your birthday you get to decide what we have for dinner. Jake was quick to put in his request. He chose roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green salad, and jello with bananas. Instead of birthday cake he wanted blackberry pie. I didn't argue. A slice of pie smothered in sweetened whipped cream is a great way to celebrate a birthday.

I made Jake pose for a picture or two this afternoon. I have been feeling like we need an updated photo of the two of us. Sometimes my imagination runs a bit wild and I start thinking about what would happen if one of us died. Would there be a current picture to put on the program? I know it's a bit morbid, but I really do think these kinds of things. Today's picture was taken by Adia. Not a professional photo shoot but it will do.

Happy Birthday!
p.s. Yesterday while everyone was gone except me and Hams the house was super quiet. I snuck up on him to see what he was up to and found him laying on his bed dressed in sweats watching Netflix on his Kindle. I probably should have been mad at him for not asking to watch Netflix but I just found him so adorable. Instead of getting upset I planted a kiss on his forehead and grabbed my camera. He is a doll. I just love his freckles and hair. And what about that little upturned nose?


good things:
1. sunday dinner
2. good health
3. new cameras

3 comments:

Mary said...

Such great pictures! You and jake are cute together. You just complement each other. Send him our happy wishes today!

Beth said...

Well, at least the Scout Committee meeting was short this time. Happy Birthday Jake!

And I know what you mean about taking photos...last Mother's Day when Sarah, Andrew and Adam surprised Kathy, me, and Jackie by coming, I had a picture of me and Andrew taken and in the back of my mind was the thought--in case we don't get this opportunity again... I don't know about being morbid, but realistic??? :(

And Hamilton is adorable! I don't mind my kids using my kindle to watch netflix without asking...what bugs me is when they (well, Hannah) download(s) free games. I know they're free, but I don't want that much "stuff" on my kindle!

Jeanette said...

Wish I could have been there to celebrate Jacob's birthday with you all. It was one of the greatest days in my life when he was born. Love Love Love him to bits. Glad you take such amazing great care of him and make him so happy.